Welcome March, birds, and green inspired stamping. This is the March calendar page I created. I knew I wanted it to be green and use at least one bird stamp. Because nothing says March like green and birds. I have written a little tutorial explaining how I created the background for this page. Enjoy!
Green March calendar page featuring the Bird Tabvla
The big "technique" I used here was painting a gel medium over the parts of the page I did not want the green to go on. I'll explain, follow along.
1. I stamped the Bird Tabvla Stamp with black Archival Ink. Then I watercolored the birds ever so slightly.
2. Then I painted the oval parts of the stamp with Liquitex pouring medium. Then I LET IT DRY. This created a coating over the stamped and painted image that resisted the ink and gelato pigment.
3. All around the image I smeared three colors of green gelatos. Then I misted the whole page with water.
4. I placed bubble wrap ontop of the slightly wet page.
5. Then I scrunched and scrunched the wet page smearing all the greens together (the yellow and blue colors were on the bubble wrap from a previous page I gelato-scrunched).
6. Then I lifted the bubble wrap and took a dry paper towel and blotted the parts that I covered with gel medium revealing the protected white parts.
After the page dried I stamped the Spring Bouquet around the side edges in green and black. Then I glued down a piece of sheet music with a scrap of white fabric. Then I stitched down two twigs I found of my craft table with blue raffeta.
And that's my green-gelato-bird inspired very Marchy calendar page. Thanks for stopping by!